Monday, January 25, 2016

Ethnicity tools

Under the tool "Admixture (Heritage)", you can find the most amazing things!

Check your own ethnicity.
Open up "Admixture (Heritage)", and check out the different tests.  For most of them, you will have to open up the project blog and find out what groups they use for references.

Find one that makes sense to you.  Some of these tools would be great for me with my East European/Asian heritage.  However, they are not adequately labeled: What's ENF? What's UHG?  How come I can't find out within 15 minutes of checking your blog?
Lucky for me, Eurogenes works.

For Eurogenes, the author has identified the populations that he used for reference.  For example:  North European used people from Lithuania as the reference population.   West European was people from Cornwall. This is Eurogenes 12B. With this tool, I can separate my mom's and dad's DNA.



After you feel comfortable with a test,  check out your chromosomes with chromosome painting:













No comments:

Post a Comment