Thursday, January 28, 2016

Genealogy: your family tree

You can pay to do your family tree on Ancestry, or use a free site like Family Search, or both, or just do it on paper, and keep it somewhere.  Thats what my grandfather did, before he died in 1967, and lucky for me, I found in 1999 after my grandmother died.

Ok not the greatest, but he put some great info on here!   I have been able to really expand on this branch of my family:


But this is not a formal family tree.  I took some shortcuts here on this diagram, which I used to show my 2nd cousins the basics of this branch, as many of the descendants still live in the same area, and weren't sure how they related.  You can draw little diagrams like this with the basic Paint program that comes with most computers.  All I use are the writing function, rectangles, and lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment